In January 2021, another five members joined the SiEnE partnership. Currently, SiEnE has exactly 20 officially confirmed members, and a few more are in the process of being officially confirmed. Together with the new members, we are already exploring new ways of increasing their sales opportunities and of using their knowledge to develop innovative solutions for defence and civil purposes.
It should be noted that active cooperation has already been established with various members within the development partnership SRIP Smart Buildings under the auspices of TECES. The expertise of the SRIP Smart Buildings partnership complements that of SiEnE in terms of content, especially in incorporating additional areas of technical applications and solutions.
We are looking forward to further joint projects for the wellbeing of society, today and tomorrow.
Get to know the new SiEnE members
- Faculty of Design, Associated Member of University of Primorska, Trzin, established in 2005:
The faculty is a well-established education and research organisation for interior design, textile design, fashion, and jewellery. Another of the faculty’s education modules is design management and visual communications. The Faculty of Design is also a development & research institution that, in cooperation with companies and other business organisations, innovates existing and at the same time develops new products with a high market value. It is also successful in devising and implementing development projects in the field of design.
- MARLES Hiše d.o.o., Maribor, established in 1955: Is a renowned company both in Slovenia and abroad for developing, producing, and installing prefabricated wooden buildings, which also includes mobile and modular building units. The product created by Marles is of outmost quality and designed according to the latest trends for buildings that are synonymous with safe and healthy living and working environment. In the same way, the Dom24h building was designed and the holder of this project is Marles Hiše d.o.o. The company is also a member of the SRIP Smart Buildings partnership, which works under the auspices of TECES.
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, University of Ljubljana , Ljubljana, established in 1919:
The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering is a renowned member of the University of Ljubljana, consisting of four complementary departments: Department of Geology, Department of Geotechnology, Mining and Environment, Department of Materials and Metallurgy and Department of Textiles, Graphic Arts and Design. It is an internationally recognised education and research institution known for its many research breakthroughs, including in the defence & security sector. The faculty has already helped develop light or heavy armoured vehicles, parts of small arms, new composite materials, etc.
- Razvojno tehnološki center RTC d.o.o., Maribor, established in 2000:
This is an active and diverse research company with solid experience in developing machines and means of transport in construction, defence, and the public sector. The great majority of the company’s development and production effort is oriented towards construction and forestry machinery, but also towards electrical vehicles. The company also develops products run on environmentally friendly and green energy. Furthermore, the company provides various services relating to regulation and standardisation for specific industry branches. It is an internationally active company.
- TECOS, Slovenian Tool Development Centre, Celje, established in 1994:
TECOS brings together active players in the tools industry and advocates for their positions and interests to generally improve their position in research and business. As an association of members who work as toolmakers, it supports the further development of toolmaking in Slovenia and in a broader context provides constant support in providing expertise. It achieves this goal by including its members in development and demo projects, seeking EU funding and strategic partners or partnership, and by transferring knowledge and innovations to other companies.
Welcome new members!